ART IN NEW ZEALAND,ART AT WHAREPUKE
Art at Wharepuke is a purpose built art gallery showcasing national and international art in New Zealand.
Set within 5 acres of Subtropical “Gardens of Significance” (NZGT) in Kerikeri, Bay of Islands, New Zealand, the gallery was established in 2009 by award winning artist/printmaker Mark Graver and Tania Booth to complement the Wharepuke Print Studio.
The main focus of exhibitions at Wharepuke is on established national and international printmakers however the gallery also shows painting, video art, ceramics and touring shows. Art at Wharepuke also organises and curates international exchange projects and open submission exhibitions and we are always open to hearing proposals for international exchange or touring projects.
The newest addition to Art at Wharepuke is our new Art Park, a sculpture trail running approximately 1 km through the gardens. The first sculpture trail exhibition will open in December 2015 and run for 9 months. See the Artist Opportunity here for details of the open call for sculptors interested in making a proposal for the show.
- Art in New Zealand – NZ and International artists working in printmaking, painting, ceramics, sculpture, installation and video
- Focus on International Printmakers
- Museum shows
- Selected open submission shows
- National and International touring shows
- Exchange exhibitions with other countries
Also onsite are:
- Non Toxic Printmaking Studio-specialists in Acrylic Resist Etching
- 5 Tourist Cottages
- Award winning cafe/restaurant
- NEW- calling for submissions for the new Wharepuke Sculpture Park
- NEW- calling for submissions – 4th International Open Printmaking Show